Today is Saturday… and Saturdays are Tag Days! I absolutely loved reading and doing tags… and this one was pretty easy. 😉
Note that k… I absolutely love it. ^_^
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Include the Book-Lover Blog Tag graphic and rules in your post.
- Answer the questions.
- Nominate at least 5 new bloggers to do the tag.
This tag was left open by Ryana Lynn.
*The following images were all found on Google and are not mine.*
1. What is Your Favourite Thing About Reading?
Meeting new people. Characters make or break a book for me, more than anything else. If I don’t love the characters, I don’t care for the book. If I love the characters, I’ll put up with a lot of weak writing.
2. Which Male Character is Your Favourite?
Dym Ingleford from “Enemy Brothers” by Constance Savery. I have so many male characters that I love, but Dym is hands down the best.
3. Which Female Character is your Favourite?
I don’t particularly care for female characters. But I have a special resemblance to Jo March from “Little Women” by Louisa May Alcott.
4. Who is Your Favorite Villain of all Time?
Brian de Bois-Gilbert from “Ivanhoe” by Sir Walter Scott. Hands down. I love Brian far and away more than Wilfrid and I wish he’d been redeemed… I wish he hadn’t been so proud!
5. Who is Your Least Favorite Character of All Time?
Oh dear, I’m sure I don’t know… oh, wait, I think I do. Anyhow, I know she was very annoying. Rachel Yoder from the Always Trouble Somewhere Series by Wanda E. Brunsetter. I ended up throwing away the four books we had of this series because they just weren’t good.
6. Which Book do You Think Has the Strongest Plot?
SO many books to choose from! I’m going to say “Enemy Brothers” again because she did that one so. well.
7. What Gets on Your Nerves the Most in a Story (a boring character, unrealistic plot, etc.)?
Modern language in historical fiction really bugs me so much. I also get annoyed when people don’t place the accents on letters, whether it’s a French, German, Spanish, or Swedish accent! Characters who always do what gets them in trouble also get on my nerves. I hate it when people getting in trouble.
8. Which Book Has the Best Cover?
This is NOT a fair question. The one that I loved most recently was “Beyond the Horizon” by Jesseca Wheaton. Not only is it gorgeous, it also has numerous significances!
9. Do You Let People Borrow Your Books? If so, are you specific about how they treat them?
Ehhhh. I’m v e r y reluctant to do that. And I insist that they don’t bend the pages. I hate it when books won’t close flat.
10. If a Movie Could be Made Based on Any Book, Which Book Would You Choose?
So many choices! I’m going to say “Home Fires of the Great War” by Rebekah A. Morris. I have feeling that would be a fun movie. 😉
11. Which Author Has Inspired You Most?
Probably Louisa May Alcott. I love her writing soooo much.
12. What Single Book Would You be Unable to Live Without?
We all know the answer to that. 😉 But aside from the Bible, I’d say “Basic Principles of Speech” by Lew Sarett & William Trufant Foster. It’s full of great ideas and observations and lessons, contains poetry and prose and story-sparking ideas… I love it so so much.
And I tag…Rebekah
, & Faith
. Anyone else who wants to do it is welcome to! Here are the questions for your convenience. 😉
- What is Your Favourite Thing About Reading?
- Which Male Character is Your Favourite?
- Which Female Character is Your Favourite?
- Who is Your Favorite Villain of all Time?
- Who is Your Least Favorite Character of All Time?
- Which Book do You Think Has the Strongest Plot?
- What Gets on Your Nerves the Most in a Story (a boring character, unrealistic plot, etc.)?
- Which Book Has the Best Cover?
- Do You Let People Borrow Your Books? If so, are you specific about how they treat them?
- If a Movie Could be Made Based on Any Book, Which Book Would You Choose?
- Which Author Has Inspired You Most?
- What Single Book Would You be Unable to Live Without?
~ / / ~
What are some of your favourite books? Favourite characters? Have you read any of these books?