So I have a few quick bits of new for you.
- The 12 Days of Christmas 2020 (aka 12 DOC 2020) & 10 Days of Christmas!
I don’t have an invitation for the 12 Days of Christmas (the other blog party) but it will be coming soon. And I believe there’ll be a giveaway too!
2. 24 Books Before Christmas!
This is a yearly event that Rebekah Morris @ Read Another Page does every December. It begins in the last days of November (because she skips Sundays). Every day she will post a book review OR announce a freebie of one of her Christmas books. (Her Christmas books are the best. Really). So be sure to check it out!
3. The Black Friday Indie Book Sale!!!!
That is today! And it extends through to Monday. Every ebook is either $0.99 or free (there are a few glitches, haha, and if you are not American several of the books are/may be not discounted or free). There are also deep discounts in paperbacks. There are dozens of amazing authors with sales, so GO CHECK IT OUT HERE!
(P.S. Quiet Valor Book 1 is on sale!!!)
4. And our last announcement: The Colour Blue is finished and ready for betas!! This story can’t be read as a stand-alone, but beta-readers automatically receive a free copy of the previous book (“The Colour Red”) to read before they beta this one, and will receive free copies of CR and CB when they are finalized.
“Blue would become again the colour of happiness and calm. It would be the colour of peace.”
It has been ten months since Jay came to live with the Randalls. The frightening colour red has disappeared from his life, and the peaceful colour blue is everywhere he looks.
Then his birthday party is crashed by the unexpected return of his unknown foster brother, Geraldo. And as Jay struggles to grow accustomed to him and the changes his return brings, The Brothers strike massively at Kalsyia, defying the authority of the government.
As the situation gets worse and everyone becomes more and more distraught, Jay finds himself challenged harder than he ever expected to be. When he is beaten to his knees and brought face to face with his limitations, he begins to wonder… what is his trust in? Where is God when things are hard? Can he ever find true peace in the midst of all this chaos and terror?
LENGTH: 79,371 words.
GENRE: Imaginary country set in our world; basically contemporary, but with some twists since it’s an imaginary country.
Christian YA fiction (12+).
BETA READER’S JOB: Basically critique the book & point out flaws, inaccuracies, and mistakes. For example:
– a character stepping out of character;
– an inaccuracy (e.g., someone’s eye colour changes);
– a mistake (no way he could have walked 150 km in an hour);
– plot hole (“You just said he was going on vacation for three weeks and now he’s working for the next month!”)
– English mistakes (no, it’s not called a cash register in English; it’s a checkout);
– really anything that strikes you as wrong or odd.
– point out inaccuracies/contradictions with book 1.
– And if you want to point out punctuation mistakes/typos, feel free, but you’re not obliged.
DEADLINE: April 1. But this is VERY flexible. If you think you’ll be late, contact me; I can work with you! I will probably not be able to start editing till May.
The Colour Red will be sent to you as soon as your request is received & I can send the book (probably the same day or the day after). CB will be sent to you after my preliminary edits, which are set to end on December 1st, so you should receive CB in the first or second week of December.
QUESTIONS: Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about the book or the beta-reading.
NOTE: This is only available to ladies/girls. Thank you for understanding! Also, I may not be able to accept all applications. Again, thank you for understanding!
So after all that, here’s the sign-up doc. It says the same things. XP