I have no clue where I got this tag or who it’s from, although according to my notes it’s created by a Faith @ You Are What You Read. I couldn’t track her down though. If anyone knows, please let me know. In the meantime, let’s do this lovely tag!
WHICH BOOK CAN YOU NOT STOP THINKING ABOUT?
The Trixie Belden series. I read them in 2020 and started rereading them this summer, and I just can’t stop thinking of them and grinning over the humour and gushing over how good those books are. I need to read more of them… 🥰
WHICH BOOK WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE NOT READ?
The Perfect Season by Stephen Roth. It was quite a disappointment for me and I’m sad I had to give it such a low rating. 😔
WHAT GENRE DID YOU READ THE MOST?
Historical fiction… are you surprised?? According to my stats, I read an equal amount of YA and MG, and I read a lot of mystery. Unsurprising! 😝
WHICH BOOK SURPRISED YOU THE MOST?
I think I’ll say The Rich Mrs. Burgoyne by Kathleen Thompson Norris. I’d never heard of it, and when it was recommended to me by a friend, I didn’t have high expectations. I was blown away by how good it was! 🤩
WHICH BOOK DISAPPOINTED YOU THE MOST?
The Indian in the Cupboard by Lynne Reid Banks… I really wanted to love it, but it was just so awful… and it could have been SO GOOD! 😫
WHAT WAS YOUR FAVOURITE COVER?
Star of Persia by Jill Eileen Smith. It’s so gorgeous and gold and purple and luxurious… 😻 I love it so much and I really want a print copy of that book just for that lol. 💜
WHAT WAS YOUR FAVOURITE SUMMER RELEASE?
One in a Galaxy by Angie Thompson. I LOVE THAT BOOK SO MUCH, Y’ALL!! I’ve waited for it to release (and be fully written) for like a year and I’ve already reread it like five times or something. It’s THAT good. 💙💙
WHICH BOOKS DID YOU PLAN ON READING, BUT YOU NEVER GOT AROUND TO?
This was my (hopeful) summer to-read list (a cover search, hence the random words, etc, in bold):
1. Flower(s) // Yours is the Night by Amanda Dykes.
2. NO illustrations or graphics // How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie.
✔️3. Woman/girl(s) // A Gown of Spanish Lace by Janette Oke.🙂
✔️4. Green // That Printer of Udell’s by Harold Bell Wright. 🥰
✔️5. Animal(s) // The Four Feathers by A.E.W. Mason. 🥰
✔️6. Red // Indian Drums & Broken Arrows by Craig Massey.🙂
7. Black lettering // Basic Principles of Speech by William Trufant Foster & Lew Sarrett.
8. Man/boy(s) // Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls.
9. Chair(s) // Rose in Bloom by Louisa May Alcott.
✔️10. White lettering // The Rich Mrs. Burgoyne by Kathleen Thompson Norris. 🥰
11. Tree(s) // The Singing Tree by Kate Seredy.
12. Author name printed small // Lassie Come-Home by Eric Knight.
✔️13. An award/medal // Sounder by William H. Armstrong.🥰
14. A landscape // Kavik the Wolf Dog by Walt Morey.
15. Boat(s) // A Night to Remember by Walter Lord.
16. Insect(s) // Sour Land by William H. Armstrong.
17. Boot/shoe(s) // Little Lord Fauntleroy by Frances Hodgson Burnett.
✔️18. Dress // Anne of the Island by L.M. Montgomery. 🥰
✔️19. Building // Anne of Windy Poplars by L.M. Montgomery. 🥰
20. Road // Anne’s House of Dreams by L.M. Montgomery.
21. Water // Anne of Ingleside by L.M. Montgomery.
22. Hat // Rainbow Valley by L.M. Montgomery.
23. Paper // Rilla of Ingleside by L.M. Montgomery.
✔️24. Sky // Falling for the Farmer by Hannah Foster. 🙂
25. Landmark // A Question of Honor by Jesseca Wheaton.
26. Symbol/graphic // A Question of Courage by Jesseca Wheaton.
27. Clock // A Question of Loyalty by Jesseca Wheaton.
✔️28. Car // The Red Trailer Mystery by Julie Campbell. 🥰
✔️29. Door // The Gatehouse Mystery by Julie Campbell. 🥰
✔️30. Bed // The Mysterious Visitor by Julie Campbell. 🥰
✔️31. Pants // Eight Cousins by Louisa May Alcott. 🥰
As you can see, I didn’t do too great. 😬
WHICH BOOKS DO YOU PLAN ON READING IN THE FALL/AUTUMN?
Well, it looks like a lot of my summer reading will fall into autumn reading! So… yeah.
Feel free to steal this tag if you like, and let me know what you read this summer and/or what you plan to read this Autumn!